Now that I have been nominated, what does it even mean, ha-ha? I have seen it on many other blogs but I never read the details. It means somebody out there recognizes I have a semi-decent blog and some how still have less than 200 followers. (This is most likely because my blog is random in every way... no set topics, no set schedule, I can't even promise to post weekly - but I do write these posts hoping to help others, I get points for that, right?)
So, here are the rules :
1) Link the person's blog to your blog entry that nominated you
2) Answer the 11 questions below
3) Find 11 blogs with less than 200 followers and nominate them
4) Come up with 11 questions for these bloggers
These are the questions Sara came up with :
1) What things can you not live without?
Besides the obvious, my family, food & shelter, I'd say - an internet connection :)
2) If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
If it doesn't have to be real then, Pandora.
3) What is your favorite book and season?
Book - a baby name book, I love names & meanings, weird right? Season - spring, it's when everything comes to life.
4) What are three goals you want to achieve in your life time?
Shed the baby weight from 5 yrs ago & keep it off, ha-ha! Visit at least 3 countries in Asia. And touch as many lives as I can even if it's just a smile.
5) What is your favorite food?
Most anything Indian (hope that's PC, have been overseas for a while)!
6) What do you miss most about home?
Besides my family & close friends of course, the cheap shopping.
7) What surprises you most about living abroad?
That being a "foreigner" has so many classifications & levels.
8) How do you balance conflicting areas in your life?
Ha, is that possible, I just keep juggling I guess.
9) What's in your bag/ backpack/ purse?
Everything, my purse is the size of a "carry-on".
10) What are you most proud of?
My daughter & my husband, they amaze me.
11) What things do you love and hate about being an expat?
Love - experiencing other cultures. Hate - getting stared at so often.
Here are the blogs I am nominating, some I follow and some I found, it's always nice to find new blogs no matter the reason.
1) Adventures in Juggling
2) American Mom in Bordeaux
3) Bees, Birds, Berries, & Blooms
4) Beyond My Picket Fence
5) Everything Susan
6) Expat Life with a Double Buggy
7) Hip Healthy Chick
8) Nearly Irish
9) Running with Swans
10) Super Chic Mom
11) The Blog of the Fictionaut
And since I am completely pressed for time these days (in a good way ,thanks to volunteering at school). I'm going to borrow questions that turned up after a Google search. (Thanks, Psychology Today!)
1) Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
2) Would you like to be famous? In what way?
3) Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you're going to say? Why?
4) When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
5) If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
6) If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
7) Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?
8) What does friendship mean to you?
9) When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
10) Would you be willing to have horrible nightmares for a year if you would be rewarded with extraordinary wealth?
11) Complete this sentence "I wish I had someone with whom I could share..."
Good luck to those I nominated, hope you decide to pass on the award and help bloggers keep getting to know each other and helping their small portion of the blogging world grow. Thanks again Sara!
Bye! Dag! Adios! Namaste!