Tuesday, August 27, 2013

L'Oréal Foundation

Courtesy : www.blushcosmetics.com
In the past I mentioned I am a big fan of Maybelline make-up, but I solely rely on L'Oréal when it comes to foundation.  Once I find a product I like it's hard to get me to buy anything else, so when I discovered L'Oreal True Match years ago I never considered buying anything else.  But that doesn't mean this is always possible, on occasion I unexpectedly run out of foundation and the store is completely out of my line.  This means I am forced to try something new.  Not wanting to veer away from the brand I find best suits me I decided to try other foundations they offer. 
Courtesy : www.douglas.de
I started with L'Oreal Lumi Magique, it promised instant skin radiance and what woman wouldn't want to radiate!  Apparently me.  I already have oily skin so a foundation that makes you shine on top of shining basically made me look hot & sweaty all day, not exactly the point of foundation.  Maybe for someone else this product is exactly what they need, but for me, I'll never pick this one up again.  Luckily the next round to the store they had my trusty True Match, but even then I have to be careful with the color, summer I'm a C2 and winter I'm a C1, and there is no switching it up if I want the foundation to look natural.  So when it was time to pick up my next bottle and they were out of my color (how hard is it to keep a product stocked???) I again was forced to try a different foundation offered by L'Oreal.
Courtesy : www.douglas.nl
This time I tried Infallible, again, sounds great, 16hr stay guaranteed.  This also meant my faced looked caked with a thick foundation.  Sure it lasted alright, but it took hours for it to start looking natural.  And whatever you do, don't get it in your eyebrows!  Mine turned a strange color and it took quite a lot of scrubbing them just to leave the house.  But I must admit, I'll probably keep a bottle around for the days I know I have multiple events and no chance of touching up my foundation in between.  So for now, I'll stick to the True Match line, that is until they overhaul their products and take it of stock (hate it when that happens!)
Any of you L'Oreal fans?  What foundation do you rely on?

3 comments:

  1. I use True Match too! It's hard to find in France so I stock up when I'm in Ireland or back in the States, or if I'm really desperate, will order it from Amazon.
    That Infallible stuff sounds pretty scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, you can't get L'Oreal True Match in France, and the product claims to be French, ha-ha! :) Danica

      Delete
  2. Bare minerals powder foundation. LOVE it! It seems pricey but lasts forever. I usually have to get it at specialty make-up stores. Have you seen Bare Minerals much over there?

    ReplyDelete