Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Thanks Pinterest :)

Like many people I skim through Pinterest, pin a few things, but never actually attempt to recreate any of it.  (Except for the failed terrariums.)

Anyway, I finally tried one of the interesting, cost saving ideas.  What did I try?  The foot treatment for dry heels.  (Instructions are on the picture.)

Did  it work?  Well, sort of!  No, I didn't get the same results as when my husband treated me to a pedicure during vacation but it did help.  Some of the cracks are still there but a lot of the white dry skin around the cracks is gone.
 
I did have some thoughts about where it went wrong.
-used store brand mouthwash instead of Listerine (sometimes frugal is not useful).
-possibly didn't  make enough  for the container (because my heels should have been more submerged).
 
Will I try it again?  Definitely for what little it cost and the fact I did get some results, I would be crazy not to periodically do this.  Especially considering it's summer and I almost never spend money on pedicures.  (We're a one income family and it's just another way to save money!)
 
Let me know if you end up trying this out!


Bye! Dag! Adios! Namaste!
:) Danica

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love a good pedicure but I just can not get myself to spend the money on one very often myself! I will give this a shot as well.

    ReplyDelete