Thursday, March 5, 2015

Refashioning Old Jeans

For a while now  I have been wondering what to do with a stack of old jeans tucked away in my closet.  I am no longer into the boot cut and most of the boyfriend cut are too baggy for me these days.  I had actually considered trying to sell them but then it dawned on me... just refashion them!!

So I went to my main source for creative ideas... Pinterest of course!

Now I just might actually take on two projects - turning jeans into shorts & jeans into capri's!  And all without a sewing machine!!!

Thanks to two sources on Pinterest here are my possible projects :


The first project - jeans into shorts (according to Refinery 29)


Now instead of explaining it step for step I'll just refer you to their link.

Hopefully this will fix the fact I actually only like one pair of jean shorts I own!


The second project - jeans into capri's (according to By Your Hands)
(Since I don't have a sewing machine I am going to use the technic I'll learn from the shorts instead of the zig zag stitch she suggests.)

 
Again, here's a link to their site instead of explaining it step for step.

Now the capris seem way more challenging than the shorts, but if it works it would be nice to have actual capris instead of rolling up my jeans!


If and when I get around to it, obviously before the summer, I'll be sure to document my progress and keep you updated.

Bye! Dag! Adios! Namaste! Salut!
:) Danica

No comments:

Post a Comment