Oh, the web we weave! I've been amazed at the network of bloggers I have found... one blog leads to the next, each blog different, each blog appealing in its own way. There are the ones you follow, the ones you visit periodically, the ones that just lead you to a blog you might never have found on your own, and the ones that just suite other people. Needless to say this woven web has led me to a "MeMe" post. It's a game of sorts. Someone tags you, you answer questions about yourself, and then you pass on a new set of questions (funny or serious). It all started out with a visit to "Sara in Le Petit Village". She had been tagged by the blog "Musings From The Big Pink" and he had tagged others. One of which being "And I'll Raise You 5" and she decided to leave a few of her tags open, so I'm joining in the fun! I hope you too enjoy the questions and join in. Even if I haven't tagged you, you're more than welcome to participate. Just reply back to this post with a link to your blog so I can see how the web of "MeMe" questions grows on!
So that everyone is on the same page, here are THE RULES :
1) You must post the rules.
2) Answer the questions the tagger sent for you in the post, and then create 11 new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
3) Tag 11 bloggers, however, you can break the rules and tag fewer people if you want. Make sure you hyperlink their names/blogs.
4) Let them know you've tagged them!
5) Have fun!
Here are the 11 questions "And I'll Raise You 5" asked, QUESTIONS FOR ME :
1) What do you want to be when you (finally) grow up?
I'm pretty content being a stay-at-home mom, but as I mentioned (repeatedly) I love writing, I guess my answer is, I'd like to be a published author.
2) What is the last thing you read that truly stirred you?
A petty argument in a newspaper between Christians and Atheists (I think they're both wrong this time) : http://www.theledger.com/article/20120318/NEWS/120319321
3) What is the last thing that made you truly, righteously angry?
Ignorance really stirs me, so it would have to be a clip I saw on The Daily Show about Rick Santorum and his incorrect thoughts on euthanasia in the Netherlands : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOuHExTy4is
4) What hung on the walls of your home when you were a child?
One of the oldest things I can remember was a picture of The Last Supper and in later years there was also a framed lace dress collar.
5) What's your pop culture guilty pleasure? Bad music, stupid TV show, cheesy movie...I'll start you off by admitting to being a Law and Order junky, with a particular fondness for SVU?
I watch Vampire Diaries and Pretty Little Liars, luckily one is airing when the other isn't, giving me something cheesy to watch all year (I seriously dislike the fact a lot of tv shows stop for the summer).
6) Can you explain Justin Bieber to me? Please? Cuz clearly I'm missing something.
I don't get it either, even though I have accidentally caught myself enjoying the beats of his music. My husband and I have agreed we'd rather our nieces listen to someone closer to their own age than some of the other awful music geared toward kids/teenagers.
7) Where do you never want to travel to again, and why?
Milan, there was nothing about it that appealed to me, I wish we had chosen to visit a different city in Italy when we took a road trip a few years back.
8) Do you support your local public radio or television station? Wait. Before you answer that, remember that you can open up a new window in your browser, click over to your local station's website, donate, come back here, and then answer with pride and integrity?
No, but I do enjoy the local newspaper. Around here there are county stations, I don't listen/watch them, and I sure don't bother to fund them.
9) Where do all the socks go?
I'm still asking myself that. Occasionally I do find my stray socks in my husbands sock drawer or tucked into the corner of a duvet cover, so they're here somewhere.
10) Wherefore art thou, Romeo?
I don't like how the Romeo & Juliet story played out, I can't compare it to my life in anyway. But if you're asking who I love endlessly, it's my husband.
11) If you were to write a letter to your 30-years older or 30-years younger self, what advice would you give yourself?
I would tell my younger self to learn to be more sympathetic and not so judgemental, and I would ask my older self if it ever worked out?
Here are the 11 questions I'm passing on, QUESTIONS FOR YOU :
1) Do you know what cow-tipping is and have you ever done it?
2) How much money is in your pocket/purse right now?
3) Do you ever dance around your house?
4) Can you pat your belly and rub your head at the same time?
5) Have you ever tried to elope?
6) Do you sleep with your bedroom door open or shut?
7) How many tickets have you been issued in the last year?
8) When and how were you last pranked?
9) Have you ever been mentioned in the newspaper?
10) Do you sing out loud while driving?
11) Which do you prefer Coke or Pepsi?
Here are the bloggers asked to continue the game, BLOGGERS TAGGED :
3) Mom To 8
Have fun everyone!!!