Friday, July 26, 2013

Kids Toilet

Have you ever had to use a public kids toilet?  A visit to the city pool reminded me of the torturous experience.  I've mentioned before my tot attends swimming class, well, next to the pool is a small bathroom for those kids who just can't wait until the end of class to go to the larger restrooms.  Since my tot is almost 4yrs old her class is the last of the morning, so you can only imagine what the single toilet bathroom smells like after the 3 classes prior to ours.  Out of desperation I was forced to use it also!  Normally we would have gone on to the larger restrooms but it was the last day of class and some kids were graduating.  This means treats and congratulations, there was no way my tot was going to miss that so I could walk the distance to the larger restrooms.  I knew I had no choice, I was going to have to suffer through it.  The first thing you're hit with is the pungent smell of all the kids who missed the toilet or didn't flush properly.  There were puddles of pool water and pee surrounding it on the tiled floor.  Then there's the size, it's a child's toilet, it's super small and barely off the ground.  And to top it off there is no toilet seat... who's idea was that, did they do it for the boys?  Of course we all know how difficult it is to get a wet bathing suit on and off so our visit to this foul toilet lasted much longer than I would have liked.  In the end we all survived of course, but it's definitely an experience I would not like to repeat.

5 comments:

  1. its a good idea for kids

    My entry is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No toilet seat? I cannot imagine why anyone would design them that way. Oh the patience you must have! I'm dropping by and a new follower from Our Everyday Harvest's blog hop. I hope you can stop by and say hello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately toddler girls don't quite know how to squat over the toilet yet, yuck! :) Danica

      Delete
  3. Writing with style and getting good compliments on the article is quite hard, to be honest.But you've done it so calmly and with so cool feeling and you've nailed the job. This article is possessed with style and I am giving good compliment. Best! ห้องน้ำผู้สูงอายุ

    ReplyDelete