Monday, June 10, 2013

Coupon Club

Since my computer is on a hiatus I've had to resort back to the tv at night.  Generally there is nothing on (or nothing we can both agree on) but last night I some how convinced my husband to tolerate a good portion of show about extreme couponing.  For those of you unfamiliar, it's when you buy in quantity, rack up a bill in the hundreds, hand over a ton of coupons, and pay barely anything.  It's a dream come true!  I think my husband only watched just to prove to himself how crazy it is, but I watched in admiration.  Here in The Netherlands coupons aren't as popular as in The States.  Sure they exist but it's not like you get the thick Sunday newspaper packed full of coupon clipping mania, I kind of miss that.  Funnily enough when I was young I looked forward to my first coupon holder, you know the ones with dividers that you can store  your loose coupons in until needed.  My mom had one, she probably still has one.  Watching the tv show last night showed me just how far people take it, I threatened my husband that if I lived in the US I would be a couponer!  I would join a coupon club like those ladies, I would spend my Sunday clipping away, I would have a coupon holder (I'd probably create a database on my computer)!!!  He threatened divorce, ha-ha!  To him there is nothing worse than busting out a coupon, especially during meals.  Me, I love saving money and see no shame in it.  It's my job as a SAHM to find the sales and watch the cents.  I guess lucky for us we live here, so you will not be seeing me on any future episodes of Extreme Couponing, oh well.
Another post from my phone, hope it's not too sloppy!

3 comments:

  1. A lot of times I forget my coupons, IF and WHEN I cut them out! They have come far, though, in couponing. You can scan a code with your phone and even show the cashier the coupon. Seriously! I've never done it, but it is available!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's cool, I would definitely get that app! :) Danica

      Delete
  2. My husband use to be like that. I became a stay-at-home mom and had to open his eyes. Saving money is how we stay afloat and I can afford to be a work-at-home mom. :)

    ReplyDelete