Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A. Tom Collins Band

You never know who you'll meet in Eindhoven.  While walking my dog yesterday morning through the center of town I couldn't help but hear the sound of American voices just ahead in the distance.  (There's something about the American voice that makes it audible for long distances, I've learned this since living in The Netherlands).  Outside of a small hotel/bar stood a band loading up their equipment into a van.  I couldn't help but stop and ask what they were doing here, I can't say I often (or ever) see American bands in Eindhoven.  Apparently they were wrapping up their European tour (6 countries / 16 stops) and had played at the Wilhelmina Cafe the night before.  Obviously my next question was, who are you... they're the A. Tom Collins band.  After the fact I wished I had asked for a cd, I did see a box full.  It never hurts to pick up an autographed cd, who knows, maybe they'll become huge one day.  But I didn't.  I did look them up when I returned home, one site says they're alternative, one says jazz, they say rock, needless to say it sounds like an interesting mix of music, something my husband would thoroughly enjoy.  So, A. Tom Collins, if you happen to read this, I'm still interested in a cd!
Here's a link to their official site if you're curious : http://www.atomcollins.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment