Thursday, May 8, 2014

Stolen Bike

Huge bummer, someone stole my bike last night!!!  I am a mixture of sad & angry, and it has totally ruined my day!  See, here in The Netherlands bikes are very important, not to mention very expensive!  Besides often popping to the stores on the bike, one of my favorite things to do is go on a family bike ride.  My daughter rides with my husband, I bike next to them, and we go all over town visiting playgrounds.  Now that winter is passed, I was really looking forward to those outings.  And now some @#?! ruined it by stealing my bike!  It was there last night when my husband returned home, he even parked his bike behind it.  Then this morning, the second time I let the dog out, I realized there was only 1 bike and not 2!  So somewhere in a 12hr period, someone walked up to the back of our terrace and stole a LOCKED bike.  Why my bike?  I really liked it, it was really nice, and it was expensive - still €150 second hand!  I guess we're lucky they didn't take my husbands bike because that's the one with the child seat attached... my daughter would have been heart broken if she couldn't go on bike rides with dad anymore.  There were lots of other bikes in the parking lot, even on the street in front of our apartment there are at least 50, why mine!  (Even more upsetting, we were just 10 feet away, asleep in our beds.)  Just a month ago I wrote about the rise of crime in our town, and now we're victims again!  (In July 2012 someone tried to steal our scooter, which ended up costing us money because insurance wouldn't cover the damage and the apartment committee said even though it was their property they're not responsible, nice!) 

Hope you are all having a better day than mine!

Bye! Dag! Adios! Namaste!
:) Danica

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. In college I bicycled everywhere! I loved my bike. My senior year somebody decided to steal the front tire and then came back the next night, cut the cable and stole the back tire! I had no money to replace the tires so I sold the bike. I regret it to this day. I didn't realize what an awesome bike it was until years later when I could afford a new bike and found none were as nice as that one. I am so sorry for you. We went to Denmark last year and I know how important bikes are out there. I hope you find a new one.

    ReplyDelete